Who we are
Somerset County Show is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Somerset County Show may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 06/03/19.
The law sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. We may rely upon the following legal basis:
Consent - we may ask for your consent (via a tick box/signature) to collect your personal data
Contract - under certain circumstances we may process your personal data to take steps towards/complete a contract with yourselves.
Legal Compliance - if the law requires us to we may need to collect and process your data
Legitimate interests - we may process your personal data without consent if we need to do this for a legitimate reason
When do we collect your data
We may collect your data in the following situations:
- when you visit our website
- when you create an account with us
- when you make a purchase or service in store, by phone or via our website
- when you engage with us on social media
- when you make contact with us by any means with queries, comments, complaints etc
How and why your data is collected
We sometimes need to collect your data in order to fulfil a contract/enquiry with you, to keep you updated if you have requested this, to share offers that you might be interested in or to improve the way that we interact with our customers.
Here is how we will use your personal data and why:
- to process any enquiries that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of legitimate interests and contract.
- to process any orders or payments that you make we will process your personal data under the basis of contract and legal obligations.
- to protect our business, our website and yourself from fraud or illegal activities we will monitor browsing activities under the basis of legitimate interests.
- to deal with any queries, refunds or complaints we will process and store personal data for six months under the legal basis of legal, contractual and legitimate interests.
- to keep you informed via email, text, phone or web we may contact you, we will do this under the basis of consent.
- if appropriate we might process your personal data to share with law enforcement under the basis of legal obligations.
- to process your order/service it may be appropriate to share your data with a third party (such a delivery firm) otherwise we would be unable to fulfil your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes (all data is anonymised) and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may limit the way that you are able to interact with our website.
What types of data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, postcode, phone number and email address
- purchases and orders made by you
- your communication and marketing preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- information gathered by cookies in your web browser
- your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to provide goods and services to you, through our internal record keeping;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
How we keep your personal data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use a secure server which is fully GDPR compliant.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of the retention period your data will be deleted or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis.
Who we share your personal data with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your consent or are required by law to do so.
We may share your personal data
- to other companies in our group
- If we sell our business
- To third parties to complete a service or product delivery that you have requested.
- In cases where the law dictates that we must
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Sharon at s[email protected], this will be free in most cases.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
Phone us on: 01823 476 250
Or write to us at: Somerset County Show, 7 High Street, Chard TA20 1QF
Terms and Conditions for website usage of SOMERSET COUNTY SHOW
The term ‘Somerset County Show’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 7 High Street, Chard, Somerset TA20 1QF. Our company registration number is 11421236. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Other applicable terms
Terms and Conditions of Sale - If you purchase goods from our website then our terms and conditions of sale apply to all sales.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your account and/or your Personal Information.
Intellectual Property and Rights of Use
Content published on this website (including but not limited to digital downloads, images, texts, music, graphics, logos) is the property of Somerset County Show and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, images, appearance and text. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
You may not use any of our trademarks or trade names without our prior express written consent and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of those names and marks. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Whilst using our website you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms and conditions, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Somerset County Show and you, or its business partners and associates.
Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation. The views expressed by users on our site are their own and do no represent our views or values.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content.
License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
We reserve the right to remove this website and its contents at any time. We do not guarantee that our site, or its content will be free from errors or omissions and you accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access our site whilst we are carrying out works. We will not be liable is for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion. We reserve the right to suspend any accounts that in our reasonable opinion have failed to comply with any of our terms and conditions.
Links to other websites
To improve your experience on this website we may have included links to third party website. Links to third party sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of these linked sites. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Any concerns about third party links on our website should be reported immediately to [email protected]
Limitations of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
For any queries regarding our terms and conditions please contact us via email [email protected] or phone 01823 476 250